Don't have a pic for this one yet, but I'll try to get one up soon!
1 c creamy peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 medium red apple, cored and diced
Mix egg and sugar until completely incorporated. Add peanut butter and stir well.*
Stir in apple pieces and scoop out onto cookie sheet. Gently push down slightly with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
Depending on the apples you use, this dough could be too thin. If it seems thin, add flour, tablespoon at a time until proper consistency.
* At this point, you have the original inspiration for this cookie. If you want a quick and easy peanut butter cookie, stop here and spoon out onto cookie sheet and gently push down with a fork in an overlapping pattern. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Here's one that's really easy to make and very kid friendly!
4 c powdered sugar
2 egg whites
few drops mint flavoring
chocolate baking chips
Beat egg whites until foamy. Add mint flavoring (I prefer peppermint). Stir in powdered sugar, about 1/2 c at a time until dough gets thick, then continue mixing powdered sugar in with your hands, kneading as you go. I suggest wearing rubber gloves! If the dough is too sticky, add powdered sugar tablespoon at a time. When all the sugar is mixed in, shape dough into quarter size pieces and put on cooling rack to set. It will take a few hours to set all the way.
When mint pieces are set, melt chocolate in double boiler and dip mint pieces in. Place on wax paper to cool.
Faith made these today. I have to admit, that little girl has some awesome kitchen skills! These turned out great.
Ok, so it's been a while, but I've finally posted a new recipe!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Grannie Smith Apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Red Delicious Apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 c Caramel baking pieces (look for the small caramel baking bits that you melt to make caramel apples)
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg. Add half of the dry ingredients.
- Blend in milk and remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in apples and caramels
- Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake 13-15 minutes, or until cookies are no longer shiny