Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream

I picked up the ice cream maker attachment for my mixer this weekend and let me tell you....BEST...THING...EVER!

The first thing I made was Mint Oreo. And that was great, but that was really for the husband. This one is for me!
I was on the Eagle Brand website and saw their recipe for vanilla ice cream. Then I remembered I had Smuckers strawberry topping and hot fudge in the refrigerator, so I thought I'd throw them together!

Ingredients

  • 4 cups (2 pts.) half-and-half or light cream
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Instructions

  • COMBINE all ingredients in container of ice cream maker; mix well.
  • After about 15 minutes, I added about half the jar of strawberry topping. 
  • FREEZE according to manufacturer’s instructions. 
  • After freezing about 30 minutes, I stirred in the fudge topping
  • Freeze leftovers.

 The ice cream is delicious and a great summer treat!


Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds yummy. We will have to try this one.

This Farm Family's Life said...

I didn't realize their was an ice cream attatchment! I need one of those!