Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chocolate Blackout Cake

Is there anything better than chocolate topped with chocolate? Only if it's topped with even more chocolate! And that's exactly what the Chocolate Blackout cake is.

"The Blackout Cake was the creation of Ebinger's, a famous New York-based neighborhood bakery chain. An indecently rich, dark tower of chocolate, this cake has become something of a Holy Grail for many bakers. Cult-like fans went through Blackout withdrawal when the bakeries closed down and The Cake disappeared. Many have tried to re-create this cake; I feel this version comes close. It is a multi-stepped process (remember, this was a bakery specialty) but it can easily be broken down into components." -Food Network show "Sara's Secrets" 


I assume my mom followed the recipe on the food network site. All I know is I got this picture the other night on my phone: 


So much chocolate! Maybe it's just me, but I think it's kind of cruel to send someone pictures like that and not bring me a piece of cake.


So I figured the only logical thing I can do with these pictures is to share them! I hope you all are craving chocolate cake like I did after seeing these!!


Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

It's a little early to crave anything but my cuppa, but that does look like an amazing cake! And I bet it's dense and moist and delicious. Hmmm. At least I thought it was too early...

Unknown said...

I think I just blacked out from lusting over all that chocolate! OMG!