Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baby Shower Treats

 Recently, I was asked to bring some fruit to a baby shower. But you all know me....can you really see me bring a plain fruit salad? No way! Instead I put together fruit kabobs.


To make these, I used plums, oranges, grapes, blueberries, mangoes, cantaloupe, strawberries, and pears. I got a bit fancy with some of the cantaloupe and mangoes and cut out the fruit in star shapes and letters to spell "B-A-B-Y".  Really cute....really time consuming!

The best part of this...we took the leftovers and threw them on the grill! I learned that I LOVE grilled grapes!


Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to "Pin" this idea for my niece's baby shower at the end of summer. I'm going to be a great aunt! Woooooo!!!!! Crazy that I am one year older than my brother, and his daughter is almost 25 while mine are 6 & 8. God's plan sure is unpredictable but fun!

Cranberry Morning said...

Don't those look delicious! How gracious of our Creator to not only give us yummy taste but beautiful color as well in the foods that are especially good for us. :-)

Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z Blog said...

Great idea for a baby shower or any party! I am your newest follower. I would love it if you would visit my blog and follow back.

The Sweet Details said...

hey i was wondering if you could go to my new blog url and get the button that links to savory sundays and update it on your side bar :) that would be really appreciated!