Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Made From Scratch Tuesday 5/17

I'll apologize up front; I don't have a picture of the finished product. Honestly, it was eaten before I could grab the camera!

One of the husband's favorite dishes is spaghetti and meatballs. I don't make it very often, but when I do, it's always a hit. In fact, he likes it so much, I make a big pan of it so he can eat the leftovers all week long. Fair warning...I rarely measure when I cook so I'm not even going to attempt to tell you all how much I used of each ingredient.

What you'll need:
Cooked pasta (in this large batch, I use a pound of spaghetti).
Cooked Meatballs (recipe below)
  • Ground Beef (for the best meatballs, mix in some ground turkey and Italian sausage too; about 2 lbs total!)
  • Eggs (I use 1 egg/lb of meat)
  • Bread crumbs
  • Sage
  • Parsley
  • Basil
  • Oregano
  • Thyme
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Garlic (1-2 cloves/pound of meat)
  • Onions (yellow-1/2 large onion/lb of meat)
  • Combine all and form balls. Brown in skillet, then cook fully in a covered baking dish at 375. I like to cook mine on a rack, but that's not necessary.
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Spaghetti Sauce

In a large baking dish, put down a layer of cooked spaghetti, just enough to cover the bottom. Add meatballs and cheeses. (below is the only picture I managed to snap)


Top with remaining pasta, sauce and more cheese! Bake at 375 until bubbly and cheese starts to brown. Serve with this amazing garlic bread! Yes, that's another Paul Deen recipe. Can you tell I'm super excited for my upcoming trip to Savannah? Stay tuned the next week and a half for more Paula-inspired meals!

So now it's time to link up all your fantastic dishes. (Yes, I'm aware I posted this a day early, but it happens sometimes)


Photobucket


9 comments:

Leah Beyer said...

Thanks for sharing over at Hunk of Meat Monday! I linked my pork chops.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting.Im sure your spaghetti with meatballs is a winner.I am sharing my Baked Chili con Carne.Have a great week to all

laxsupermom said...

I love Paula Deen! How can you not love someone who so unapologetically uses "Buttah." ;) Thanks for sharing and for hosting this linkup.

PinayinTexas said...

Hi! I'm sharing my Chicken & Cream Cheese Egg Rolls this week!
Enjoy!

Michael said...

Thanks for hosting,it all looks so good :)

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Hi! I linked up my rocky road fudge bars and my caramel frosted banana drops. You will love them, they are SO good! Have a great day! Thanks for hosting!!

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

hi! Just thought I would let you know I gave you an award on my blog today!

NCSue said...

Thank you for hosting this and inviting me to the hop when you visited my place. I’m a new follower, and this hop is now found on a page on my site that lists more than 200 hops… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page.
I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
NCSue
http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/05/lets-kill-captcha.html

Anonymous said...

Better late than never. I finally linked up. Can you use fresh herbs or do you have to use dried herbs? Thanks!