Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Egg Rolls in the NuWave Oven

I love re-purposing leftovers. Especially if I can do so without anyone realizing they are leftovers. So when I had about a pound of ground pork already cooked and little bits of veggies in the fridge, it seemed like the best thing to do would be to mix it all together and wrap it up. And because I'm a big fan of texture, I wanted to get the egg rolls crunchy all the way around without frying them. The NuWave was going to be my friend again.




Start out by heating up the filling. This was great because the meat was already cooked and I had some of the veggies already cut, so minimal prep was needed. And the filling can vary by what you have on hand. I seasoned it all with a bit of salt and some crushed red pepper.




Then make the egg rolls. Some are prettier than others. It's ok. By the time I was done, I had mastered the egg roll fold.




After 9 or so minutes, egg rolls were ready to flip. Cook on the other side and they are ready to go!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guest this is just perfect for this long weekend. I can imagine how delicious this would be while watching movies.