This is the first time I made this. Big shout out to Gina who brought her husband's version into work on Friday. I took the basic recipe and added a slight twist.
- 1 1/2 12 oz boxes vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sifted powdered sugar and cocoa (equal amounts of each) for coating
Preparation:Combine cookie crumbs and 1 cup confectioners' sugar; blend in butter. Stir in orange juice concentrate; add vanilla. Shape mixture into balls about the size of walnuts; shake in food storage bag with sifted powdered sugar and cocoa. Arrange orange balls in single layer on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; store uncovered overnight in refrigerator for best flavor. Makes about 3 dozen.
Cut back on the orange juice by a few tablespoons and replace with pineapple or coconut flavored rum
Roll balls in coconut instead of powdered sugar/cocoa