The first thing I made was Mint Oreo. And that was great, but that was really for the husband. This one is for me!
I was on the Eagle Brand website and saw their recipe for vanilla ice cream. Then I remembered I had Smuckers strawberry topping and hot fudge in the refrigerator, so I thought I'd throw them together!
- 4 cups (2 pts.) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- COMBINE all ingredients in container of ice cream maker; mix well.
- After about 15 minutes, I added about half the jar of strawberry topping.
- FREEZE according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- After freezing about 30 minutes, I stirred in the fudge topping
- Freeze leftovers.
The ice cream is delicious and a great summer treat!
Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!