Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Made From Scratch Tuesday 4/24

The other day, I had a serious craving for some fajitas. There's just something about the spicy strips of steak and the crunchy peppers that really gets my mouth watering! And I'll admit that even though I have a spice rack that would make about any home cook jealous, I always buy fajita seasoning. Why? I have no idea. I have everything I need right in the kitchen. So I figured it was about time I made my own! After looking around on the interwebs for a bit, I realized all the recipes I found were about the same. So I used this one I found on food.com.




  • tablespoon cornstarch
  • teaspoons chili powder
  • teaspoon salt
  • teaspoon paprika
  • teaspoon sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin

  • Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. I cut a flank steak into strips and tossed with about 3/4 of the seasoning mixture. I cooked them on my electric grill to medium. At the same time, I sauteed 2 large peppers cut into strips, 3 cloves of garlic (chopped) and an onion cut into small wedges in a little bit of oil and the rest of the seasoning mixture. 





    As I was enjoying dinner, I suddenly realize how crazy I've been for buying seasoning packs all this time! I'm definitely going to keep using this recipe! 




    Now it's time to link up all of your creations!
    Here are the rules:
    1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
    2. The post has to be made from scratch.
    3. The post you link up MUST CONTAIN A RECIPE! 
    4. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code for the Made From Scratch Tuesday button on the top right of my sidebar. 
       


    Photobucket

    1 comment:

    suzyhomemaker said...

    Hi, This is my first time posting. I love the idea of recipes from scratch. I try to make most of the things I cook from scratch. I linked an icebox cake I made. I hope it follows the rules. I did not make the graham crackers or the chocolate, but I did make the whipped cream from scratch.

    I also linked puff pastry. This one was truly from scratch!