Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oven Fried Chicken

Is there really anything better than fried chicken? No, not really. Well, that is unless you have mashed potatoes with it. But that's another post. Unfortunately, fried foods usually don't sit too well with my stomach, so I tend to bake more than fry. My mom used to make oven fried chicken, but I didn't bother to call her and ask her recipe, so I figured I'd just wing it.

In a small bowl, mix together one egg and some milk. In a second bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper, season  salt, oregano, and rosemary. Dredge chicken tenders in the wet mix, then the dry mix and lay on baking sheet.

I like to spray them down with a bit of ICBINB (I can't believe it's not butter) so they get a nice browning in the oven.  Bake at 375 until cooked through.

The kids loved these! Unfortunately, now they don't want to eat the frozen chicken tenders. I can't really say I blame them, but those were my go-to lunch staple when I was busy!

No comments: