Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Cereal Treats

So other day, when the kids pulled the "I'm huuuunnngggry" for the 12,039,856th time, I finally gave in and told them they could pick any snack they wanted me to make, but it had to be able to last them a few days. What did they come up with? Cheerios treats. I was secretly relieved because they are so easy to make!

What you'll need:



One box Peanut Butter Cheerios (or you can use regular cheerios and add 1/2 to 1 c pb)
One bag marshmallows
One stick of butter (no margarine please!)
Mini chocolate chips (optional)

In a large pot over medium to medium low heat, melt butter and marshmallows
 Stir constantly until all marshmallows are melted
 Stir in Cheerios until cereal is well coated. Spread into pan and top with chocolate chips
Now take the spatula you used to spread the cereal treats with and hide! That may be your only chance to get some of this tasty treat! These treats are really nothing new around our house. I've been making them for the kids (and the neighbors) for a long time, but I have to admit, I really like using the PB Cheerios instead of regular Cheerios and adding peanut butter!

No comments: