Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie In a Cup

I love chocolate chip cookies....maybe a bit too much. That's why I love all these "in a cup" recipes-portion control. I have very little willpower when it comes to cookies, so I try not to keep them around the house. This recipe fills my cookie craving, and keeps me from eating too many!

What you'll need: 
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar 
1 egg yolk
a few drops of vanilla
1/4 c flour (add slowly, you might need less)
pinch of salt
pinch of baking soda
pinch of baking powder
1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon mint chocolate chips

Melt butter in microwave in coffee cup (if you have one, use a shorter, wider mug). Add everything except flour, egg yolk and chips and mix well. When everything is incorporated, add egg yolk and most of the flour. Mix until dough thickens like a normal chocolate chip cookie dough, adding flour as needed. Since my chickens produce abnormally large eggs, I had to use more than 1/4 c flour, but I'm guessing 1/4 c would work for a standard egg. Last, mix in chips. Microwave on high 45 seconds. If you're using a taller mug, you may need to add more time-about 5 or 10 seconds each time. 


No comments: