24 tablespoons butter 48 ears corn, kernels scraped from cob 24 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
2 bundles fresh farm spinach, about 1/2 pound trimmed weight, 2 lbs fresh spinach, chopped
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter is hot, stir in the corn and the starchy liquid scraped from the cobs. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, then add the cream and nutmeg, stirring occasionally, until very creamy, about 15 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. I also added about half a pound of bacon (fully cooked and chopped into small pieces)...it really needed some texture! Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
I made this early in the morning and reheated it before we ate. It was delicious!
Now it's time to link up all of your creations!
Here are the rules:
1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
2. The post has to be made from scratch.
3. The post you link up MUST CONTAIN A RECIPE!
4. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code for the Made From Scratch Tuesday button on the top right of my sidebar.