Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cupcake Kabobs

This is my first time participating in "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday" and I'm super excited!

Ingredients

1 box cake mix and corresponding ingredients
Fresh Fruit washed and prepared
Icing
Mint Leaves (optional)
Kabob skewers
Foam cone or other element to put kabobs in

I used Angel Food cake for this because of its light, fluffy texture, but you can use any other kind depending on the fruits you use.

Mix cake as directed and pour into lined mini-muffin pans and bake as directed. Remove mini cupcakes to cool. When cupcakes are cool, create kabobs by alternating cupcakes and fruit. For the ones I made, here's the pattern I followed:

Blueberry
Mint Leaf
Cupcake
Dab of icing inside raspberry, then raspberry on top of cupcake
Cupcake
Dab of icing inside of strawberry, then strawberry on top of cupcake







Next time I'm going to try chocolate cupakes with strawberries!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super cool! I am going to have to give it a try.

Unknown said...

What a cute idea!

HoosierHomemade said...

How fun! My son graduates from High School this weekend, I might just have to add these!
Thanks so much for sharing them on Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Very clever. Good job. Thanks for linking to TMTT.

April J Harris said...

How cute are these?! What a great idea!!