Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pear Betty

Ott, A and I had so much fun during Canning Week, we just weren't ready for the fun to end! Each Tuesday, we'll be featuring recipes using items we canned. Make sure you hop on over to her page to see what she's up to!





I've never made this before, but I was trying to find a new recipe and found one for Pear Betty using diced fruit and sugar. So, it seemed like a logical leap that I could use some canned pear butter instead of fruit and sugar.
What you'll need:
6 c soft bread pieces
2 c pear butter
6 T melted butter
1 t lemon juice
2 t vanilla extract






Combine all ingredients in bowl and make sure all pieces are well coated. 


Press into 9" pie pan


Top with ground almonds and bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes


Try topping with this great vanilla sauce!

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

I love pears, and have never tasted pear butter! I can imagine that would make a pretty tasty dessert! :-)