Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chocolate Mousse

At the beginning of the October Unprocessed challenge, I had lots of craving. Lots, and lots of cravings! They have subsided for the most part, but I did do a search the other day for a dessert that was quick and easy, yet still met the "kitchen test". I kept finding recipes for chocolate avocado mousse, but kept skipping past them because chocolate avocado mousse sounds disgusting.

But the more I got to thinking about it (and the lack of wide selection of recipes), I figured I would try it out. I happened to have avocados in the refrigerator and chocolate mousse did sound good.....

I saw several variations on the basic recipe. Some were vegan, some were low fat, and some were clearly just a way to clean out a refrigerator. But they all had the same basic core: 

Avocado
Cocoa
Milk of some sort (most had almond or coconut milk)
Sweetener (most used agave nectar)

So I grabbed the blender and threw all of my ingredients in: 

1 Avocado, cut into large chunks
1/4 c cocoa
1/4 c skim milk
3 Tablespoons honey
Pinch of salt
Few drops vanilla

After less than a minute of blending, here's what I had: 


Yes, that is the result of just a few ingredients in a blender. And it was delicious! Even my husband, who hates avocados, just about licked the bowl. I didn't tell him until afterwards what it was. he looked at me a little funny, but there was no complaining! 

2 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love avocado pudding - Last night I was the only one home for dinner, so I made myself a batch and called it dinner! I figure avocado is healthy right?

Unknown said...

That's how I choose to look at it!