Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Pumpkin Donuts

Unprocessed October has started, and I'm already missing my Cheerios. But, these pumpkin donuts are coming close to making up for them!


I used the kids' Babycakes Donut Maker and their recipe. Instead of using canned pumpkin, I used some frozen, pureed squash leftover from last fall. It's a bit sweeter than canned pumpkin, but a great flavor. 

Since the donuts were a bit sweeter, I changed the topping a bit too. Instead of coating the whole thing with cinnamon and sugar, I brushed a little bit of melted butter on the tops and sprinkled a bit of cinnamon and sugar on the top of each one. That also keeps keep up with our goal of greatly reducing sugar. 

The donuts are so moist! It's kind of like a pudding cake. 

I can't eat donuts every morning for breakfast, but I could definitely stand to have these a few more times this month!

No comments: