Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sausage Breakfast Casserole

The husband got four teeth pulled on Friday. Yay...let me tell you how much fun this has been. It started Friday night when I went to sleep. I was awoken by him asking me if I "found it". After several minutes of trying to figure out what he lost, I realized he was asleep. Yep, he woke me up talking in his sleep. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep. So I turned the TV on and laid awake. About an hour later, he sits straight up and asks me if I'm awake. Well, duh. He figured out he woke me up talking in his sleep. He lays there for a minute and asks me how long I'd been awake. I told him for a little bit. He then informed me that he woke me up around 6, (Keep in mind it's midnight) and in his narcotic induced sleep, it was 7. Even after I showed him my phone and another clock, he was still convinced it was 7. That was what convinced me he was still asleep. Realizing I was not going to get any sleep, I decided to get up and make him breakfast. Since he's down 4 teeth, I knew the next few days were going to be soft food days. (Will someone bring me some chips, raw carrots, and anything else that's crunchy? I'm dying here)

Breakfast Casserole

What you'll need:
1 lb meat (sausage, ham, bacon, whatever)
6 eggs
8 oz package cream cheese (softened to room temperature)

So I'm in the kitchen at midnight, cooking some sausage we just picked up from the butcher

While that's cooking away, spread around the cream cheese in an 8x8 pan

Mix in the eggs and a splash of milk

When the sausage is cooked, drain and mix into pan

Refrigerate at least two hours. Place into 400 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then turn oven down to 350 and bake an additional 40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked in center.

This is where I'd normally have a picture of the finished product. However, the husband woke up right as I was pulling this out of the oven and was oh so grateful for a hot breakfast and a full night's sleep. Myself on the other hand, not so much. His night time chatter went on through the whole night. I ended up trying to sleep on the couch with the TV on. Even that, the bedroom TV and the bedroom door closed was not enough to drown out his incessive talking about whatever it was he lost. On a brighter note, even on less than 2 hours of sleep, I kicked butt at the craft fair, selling enough to pay for my booth AND the stuff I bought from other vendors!


Ott, A. said...

This looks delish! Even if you fed it to your delusional husband. :)

Lana said...

Men! OYE! Glad you had a great craft fair! I have one to get ready for on the 4th! Gotta get through turkey day first, though!