Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Some Catching Up

It's been a while since I posted, and I thought maybe I should explain why.

First of all, I lost my cord to my camera.

As it turns out, my couch ate it. Literally. I have recliners at the ends of my couch and somehow, the cord got inside the couch and wrapped itself around the foot rest. So, the cord was literally under my feet for the last two weeks. 

Clearly, I have found the cord. As soon as I found the cord yesterday, I did my little cord dance. 





I got all excited and immediately started to write my blog. Then, the internet went down. For all you rural folks out there, stay away from IBEC! They were one of the big companies that received federal grant dollars to get the fancy high speed internet out to those of us unlucky enough to be out of DSL and cable internet range. It's cheap enough; but that's about the only good thing about it. One of the many downsides, is it is NOT reliable. And on the occasions where it actually works, it's often too slow to load  pictures. It seems to be related to when my neighbors are online, although the Customer Service Director swears it has nothing to with my speed issues. Anyway, I was able to get the Taco Bake post up, but not do any networking. Thank goodness for Lana. She's an awesome blogger who always comments on my posts, specifically at odd hours of the morning, when I'm sure we're the only two up!



The other thing that has been taking up so much of my time is this craft show I have coming up on Saturday. A couple of years ago, I got this great idea that I could make jewelry. So, because I have some severe OCD issues, I bought thousands and thousands of beads. I did a few craft shows a couple of years ago, then something shiny and sparkly caught my eye and I found a new interest. My best friend has also found a new venture that could prove to be a money maker, so we decided to join forces and take part in a craft show this weekend. 
Want to see more art? Click Here
Now, I understand I'm not going to be able to retire early from selling some plastic and metal beads, but I figure at worst, I'll spend the day with my best friend.


 So, hopefully soon, things will be back to normal!










3 comments:

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

Love the cord dance graphic. :-)

Cranberry Morning said...

I should print out that cord dance and do it every morning during the winter when all I really want to do is hibernate!!!!

Best wishes on your entrepreneurial (sp?)venture! Good for you. And you've certainly got the right attitude - there's nothing to lose when you've spent the day with your best friend!

Audrey Keating said...

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. And thanks for the website plug! With any luck, I'll make enough money for more canvases and paint!