Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Very Cranberry Thanksgiving Part I

What's Thanksgiving without cranberries? Just not right. But I'm not  fan of traditional cranberry sauce, so this year, I brought a couple of different cranberry dishes to my family dinner. And since we have a diabetic in the family, these are made with splenda instead of sugar.

Cranberry Bake

What you'll need:
2 pears (peeled and chopped)
2 sm apples (peeled and chopped)
2 c cranberries (fresh)
1 c splenda

1/2 c chopped pecans
1/4 c butter, melted
1/3 c flour
1/2 c splenda

In a 9" pie pan, add cranberries, apples and pears.

Stir in 1 c splenda.

Mix the topping until it forms a ball. Break of pieces and sprinkle over top of fruit. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, or until fruit is soft.


Becky said...

this looks AMAZING!! My husband hates fruit, so if I make it, it better be for a party of some sort, lest I eat it all by myself!

Ott, A. said...

Looks delish. I like the idea of using pears I think they would compliment the cranberries and apples nicely.

Lana said...


Cranberry Morning said...

I'd love that. Especially exciting with the pear addition. Great idea. :-)

lighttraveler said...

I am your newest follower!
Please follow back, I would greatly appreciate it!
Quick Tattletails