Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Very Cranberry Thanksgiving Part II

Continuing on from Sunday's post, here we go with Part II: The Cranberry Citrus Salad.

What you'll need:

2 c cranberries, divided
Zest of one orange
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
2 pears, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 c splenda

In a 2 qt saucepan, add just enough water to cover the bottom and 1 c cranberries

Cook over medium heat until the berries pop. 



Add orange zest and splenda
When splenda is mixed in, add pears and remaining one cup cranberries
Cook until pears are tender. Remove from heat and toss in mandarin oranges. If too much water/juice has cooked out, add some of the juice from the can of mandarin oranges.


Serve chilled.  The liquid should gel up in the refrigerator, but it will not be firm. 

This was a great alternative to the traditional cranberry salad recipes we've had before.

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I LOVE this recipe. Nothing better than cranberry and oranges in combination!!

Covnitkepr1 said...

I may be repeating myelf...but my first love is Jesus…then my wife of 45 years…then cooking. I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now (4th page back on the follow wedgit) and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.