Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tomato Corn Salad/Quesadillas

Remember the last time I thought I was a genius? Well, it’s happened again. This time, Red Gold  did it to me. I used to always make this tomato/corn salad which required taking a can of Red Gold diced tomatoes and adding lime juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, green onion, jalapenos, vinegar, salt and a can of corn. I guess I’ve had my blinders on in the grocery store because Red Gold has everything listed above (minus the corn) already put together for me in one can.  

 Hmmm…maybe someone should tell them to add the corn too! How could I have missed this for so long?! So I’m not really sure if this qualifies for a recipe since it only involves opening two cans, but here goes the two ingredient salad:

One can Petite Diced Tomatoes Mexican Fiesta
One can corn

Drain both cans and pour into bowl. Mix well and chill.

Yep…that’s it. So what do you do with this salad? Well, we use it for two meals. Generally, we have this when we cook on the grill. It seems to be a perfect companion a juicy steak or piece of chicken fresh off the grill. 

But we usually have some left. For the leftovers, it becomes the perfect addition to quesadilla filling.

To make the quesadillas:

Flour tortillas
Santa Fe cooking cream
Cooked chicken, cut into pieces
Cheese
Tomato/Corn Salad (above)
Any other filling you’d like (black olives, bacon, etc)


Preheat quesadilla maker
On one tortilla, spread about a teaspoon of the cooking cream all around.

Add cheese, tomato/corn salad, chicken, etc and one final layer of cheese. Top with second tortilla and place in quesadilla maker until browned. Let cool a few minutes and slice!
Thank you to Red Gold for sponsoring this month's Iron Chef Challenge with A Latte From Ott,A!
Photobucket



 *Red Gold provided me with free product and coupons for participating. All opinions expressed are my own.
Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Katerina said...

I am a sucker for Mexican. This looks terrific!

Anonymous said...

We love Quesadillas at home.This one is perfect.

Trisha said...

Simple but sounds really delicious!