Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Made From Scratch Tuesday 2/15

I feel like I've been out of touch for so long! I was suffering from the plague last week, so if you linked up and I haven't been to visit you yet, I apologize; I'm trying to make the rounds. I did see several fantastic recipes though and I can't wait to see more!

Over the weekend, I was finally starting to feel human again, but didn't want to risk contaminating anything, so I had the husband take care of meals. Thankfully, he can follow directions and didn't do too bad! He really is a good husband. He even made the marshmallows I was dying to try out! Doesn't he look cute in my apron?!


 It was a learning experience for sure! He had to learn what a sifter was and its purpose.
 He finally understands my love affair with my mixer.
 He left the cookie cutters to the little one.
He decided to dust some of them in cocoa so he'd have chocolate marshmallows. Want the recipe and directions? Check it out here at The Farm Girl.

I hope you all have been feeling much better than I have!
Oh, and he even had flowers delivered to me at work today!

Photobucket


What goodies have you been cooking up this week? 
Here are the rules:
1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
2. My only content rule is it has to be made from scratch.
3. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code on the top right of my sidebar.





7 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Your hub's a sweetie! And, yep, he does look cute in your apron.

I hope you feel better soonest. I had that crud and it really kicked. No fun! Take care of yourself so it doesn't slip back!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hub.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Jen,
So sorry you are not feeling well, hope you will be better soon. Looks like there is a lot of fun going on in your kitchen. Looks like a happy house. Take care and God Bless

Andrea (Andreas Kitchen) said...

You are so lucky to have a non-cooking husband who would undertake a project like that! Good for him!
I am sharing my recipe for Chocolate Sweet Hearts Cookies. The recipe is gluten free, but they can be made with "regular" flour if you don't have issues with gluten.
Thanks for hosting!

Ott, A. said...

I can safely say that the marshmellows did taste delish and I think you and your husband are overachievers for making these yourself.

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm impressed.

Create With Joy said...

First time posting - added my Vanilla Pear Bread - found you thru It's A Blog Party!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Casey said...

Thanks for stopping in at save-a-dime I will be trying some of your recipes soon.