Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weathering out the Storm

 Like 2/3 of the country, we're hanging out at home during this storm. We survived round one, now we're waiting on round 2, aka the "catastrophic" part. The husband is obsessed with weather. This guy will watch the weather channel over any sporting event. Crazy, right? Consequently, we've spent the last few days hearing all the different meteorologists describe this storm in various ways. The NWS is calling is potentially catastrophic. The Weather Channel is calling it "crippling". Facebook is calling it "Snowpocalypse 2011". I understand we all need to be prepared, but I think it's time they all put down the thesaurus. We get the picture. It's going to be rough weather. But, I think it's important to find the beauty in any situation, so here are some pictures from round one.









 We've already had some areas losing power, so we're prepared. I may go through blogging withdraw, but we'll survive!


Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Nice Jen! Beautiful photos!

Unknown said...

That's what I did this morning too! I love the one you took of the grass- it never ceases to amaze me that each blade can get covered individually! I actually had the nerve to post on my facebook status that I was kind of excited for the ice because of the pics I could take!

Ott, A. said...

Nice. I took pics too and am posting them on my blog tomorrow.

Leontien said...

Stay Safe & hope that it isn't going to be really catastrophic!

Thanks
Leontien

Joani said...

Awesome icicles. Stay safe. I live in Arizona...freeze tonight.