Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Iron Chef Challenge-King's Hawaiian Bread

We love King's Hawaiian Bread in this house! They're the perfect size for sandwiches for the kids and they are so tasty with a bowl of soup. So when I heard Ott,A's January Iron Chef Challenge was King's Hawaiian Bread, I didn't have to look far for the theme ingredient.

Sweet and Savory Stuffing

4 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
1/2 c stock (I made this with cornish hens, so I used chicken)
1/2 c carrots, diced
1/2 c celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t basil
1/2 t rosemary
salt and pepper

Saute the carrots, celery, and onion in the olive oil
While they are cooking, tear the rolls apart and place in an 8x8 pan. Lightly toast under the broiler. 
Add in avocados and stock
Toss in sauteed celery, carrots and onions. Toss in seasonings and bake at 350 35-45 minutes. 


Thanks to Ott,A and King's Hawaiian Bread for sponsoring this month's challenge!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE bread dressing! I need to get my recipe box out and see what I can come up with for this challenge!

Ott, A said...

I'm lovin' that you used an avocado in this recipe. I think the sweet and savory flavors of this stuffying would be quite tasty. Thanks for linking up to the Iron chef Challenge.