Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Made From Scratch Tuesday 1/31

There's really nothing I love more than a good steak. Usually, I only season our steaks with sauteed onions and garlic, and salt and pepper. I was feeling adventurous tonight, so I made up a batch of steak seasoning loaded with flavor. This will make quite a bit, so save the leftovers in a jar with a tight lid.


What you'll need:
3 T salt
1 T royal peppercorns (or you can use just black peppercorns)
1 T onion flakes
1/2 T garlic powder
1/2 T crushed red pepper flakes
1 T savory
1 T rosemary
2 t fennel seed

Combine all in a spice grinder and grind to a smooth powder. Rub over steaks and cook to desired doneness.



Now it's time to link up all of your creations!
Here are the rules:
1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
2. The post has to be made from scratch.
3. The post you link up MUST CONTAIN A RECIPE! 
4. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code for the Made From Scratch Tuesday button on the top right of my sidebar.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jill@RealFoodForager.com said...

Hi,'
I shared my video for making milk kefir.

Jessica said...

Thanks for hosting. I shared my cultured citrus recipe.

http://naturallivingsocal.blogspot.com/2012/01/cultured-lacto-fermented-citrus.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting!!

~Mrs. T (www.tales-of-the-ts.com)

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting!