Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Made From Scratch Tuesday 1/24

Do you have a go-to sauce or base? We do. In our house, the kids call it Toxic Green Sludge, which is pretty much what it looks like. I let them get away with calling it that because it's mostly spinach and any time I can squeeze some veggies in, I'm all for it no matter what they call it.

In a food processor, combine a 10 oz bag of spinach, one container of fresh mozzarella cheese, a few tablespoons Parmesan cheese,  basil, thyme, oregano, salt and a splash of olive oil.


Process until, well until it looks like toxic green sludge!


Once you have it made, you can use it as a dressing in a chilled pasta salad, or as a layer in lasagna, add chicken and stuff ravioli or shells, and the list goes on! It's a good base sauce to make on the weekends and use during the week when you don't have as much time to pull off a great dinner.

Now it's time to link up all of your creations!
Here are the rules:
1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
2. The post has to be made from scratch.
3. The post you link up MUST CONTAIN A RECIPE! 
4. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code for the Made From Scratch Tuesday button on the top right of my sidebar. 
 


Photobucket

7 comments:

Jill@RealFoodForager.com said...

Hi,
I shared my video for dripping yogurt for whey and a video for making sauerkraut.

Join me in my Probiotic Foods Challenge starting January 9 at Real Food Forager!
http://realfoodforager.com/28-day-probiotic-food-challenge-signup/

And link up your cultured and fermented foods here!
http://realfoodforager.com/probiotic-food-challenge-linky/
Thanks for hosting!
http://www.blessedwithgrace.net/2012/01/tempt-my-tummy-tuesday-baked-chicken-stuffed-with-sundried-tomato-pesto-basil-and-goat-cheese/

mjskit said...

Love the sauce that you and your kids came up with! It does look like it can be used in a variety of dishes. In following that theme, I linked up my red chile sauce which, in my home, gets used in many, many dishes - as a topping for eggs, grits, burritos, hamburgers - you name it. :) Thanks again for hosting!

Jessica said...

Thanks for hosting! I posted a recipe for sweet and spicy mustard full of healthy probiotics.

http://naturallivingsocal.blogspot.com/2012/01/cultured-lacto-fermented-mustard.html

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Well, my recipe today isn't exactly made from scratch...sort of 'semi-homemade'...but it has been one of those weeks!

simply heidi said...

That sounds really yummy. I think I'll make some up and try it over fish and couscous. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! This is my first time linking up with the party but I will definitely be back next week. Thanks again!

caroline said...

hey i just posted my first blog recipe!
http://gutsyhealth.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/gaps-pancakes/