Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Made From Scratch Tuesday 4/12

Pound Cake...It's one of the oldest recipes in the world-a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, a pound of flour, and a pound of eggs. While the recipe has evolved over the years, it's still one of the greatest bases for delicious toppings yet still flavorful enough to stand on its own.My personal favorite is this one from Betty Crocker.

Remember my Fondue for Two? This is the pound cake I used for dipping. With the leftover cake, fondue and strawberries, I made this beautiful dessert.



I love leftovers repurposed! All I had to do was drizzle the fondue over the cake and plate then top with strawberries!

What have you been cooking this week?

Here are the rules:
1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
2. My only content rule is it has to be made from scratch.
3. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code for the Made From Scratch Tuesday button on the top right of my sidebar.





Photobucket


6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE pound cake! I have a recipe for you, but I'm going to double up and use it here and for Ott, A's new Iron Chef challenge as well. Until next week!

Jill@RealFoodForager.com said...

Hi,
I shared my grain-free matzoh balls with a video. I hope you like them!I also shared two articles that are food related. I hope that works OK here! Thanks for hosting!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Jen,
You can never go wrong with pound cake and berries, it is one of my favorite go to in a hurry company is coming do something quick desserts. I am sharing my Roja Pork Tenderloin today. Thank you for hosting today and have a great week!

PinayinTexas said...

Such an irresistible pound cake!
I'm linking up the Cookies and Cream Cupcakes that I made for my daughter's Wizards of Waverly Place themed party last weekend!
Thanks for another week of hosting! More power!

Inspired2cook said...

Yum! You can never go wrong with a good pound cake recipe!!!

Swathi said...

First time here, Linking my Jicama mixed bell pepper salad.