Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Indy Food Swap

Today I went to the Indy Food Swap.  What's a food swap? Well, basically you bring a bunch of stuff that you made/grew/canned/etc and swap it with what other people brought. I brought caramel apple jam and hot chocolate mix with homemade marshmallows. With this being my first time, I didn't know how much to bring, so I brought 10 jars of jam and 8 jars of hot chocolate mix with marshmallows. Some people just brought a few items and others brought lots. There aren't any rules about quantity, but when you run out of items to trade, you may miss out on something you really wanted.

I set out my samples and ventured around to try out what other people brought.

There were so many great things to choose from! I ended up with a wide variety of goodies, 18 different goodies to be exact!

I can't wait to try them all out! I'm really looking forward to the tea and the crock pot soup mix. The next food swap is supposed to be in December. I can't wait!


Make sure to visit the fantastic blog parties on my sidebar, and of course, link up all your made from scratch recipes on my Tuesday linky-Made From Scratch Tuesday!


Photobucket

No comments: