Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jalapeno Chicken

Ott, A and I had so much fun during Canning Week, we decided to share some recipes using items we canned! Make sure to stop by her blog and check out what she's been cooking!



If you grow jalapenos, you know that you can quickly find yourself with an abundance. What did you do with all of those? I chose to pickle several jars. I use them throughout the year in various dishes such as chili and taco casserole. In each case, I find that I'm only using a small amount, so I canned most of my pickled jalapenos in small jelly jars. For this recipe, it's the perfect amount!

What you'll need:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (for this recipe, I used 3)
small jar of pickled jalapenos

Place chicken breasts in dish, along with entire contents of jar.


Cover and marinate 4-6 hours. 

When you're ready to start cooking, preheat oven to 350. Take all of the jalapenos and juices and put those into a large skillet. 

Saute lightly. Sear each side of the chicken breasts in the same pan, then place chicken back in baking dish. 




Cover chicken with foil tightly and bake 35-45 minutes, depending on how many chicken breasts you are fixing.
To go with the chicken, I fixed Spanish Rice. I cheated...I used Zataran's box mix. But, I saved some of those jalapenos that I sauteed and mixed those in with the rice.

When the chicken is done, top with a thin slice of cheese and a spoonful of salsa....and don't forget one of the sauteed jalapenos!


No comments: